Monday, December 20, 2010

DECEMBER 20th - A little good news....but otherwise very dark

My blogging last week at least helped me obtain a new pair of eyeglasses.

LensCrafters at the CambridgeSide Galleria has a 'Gift of Sight' program and with a referral from the Harvard Sq Homeless Shelter I can now see again. I am very thankful.

However - Sunday morning was my last day for my 2-week bed in the shelter cycle which means I have to wait for one week (December 26th) to reapply for another 2 week bed. The idea of having nowhere to sleep on both Christmas Eve and Christmas itself is weighing on me.

The constant Christmas music is driving me nuts as all it does is remind me of happier times in my life that are now just a memory. I am doing EVERYTHING I can to avoid picking up a drink because one would lead to 10,000 I am afraid.

Alcohol does have the illusion of making a person forget and I wish there was a medical pill that could do the same thing.

Last week I wrote a blog piece -

Praying for a Christmas Miracle..


I still have enough for basic expenses to get me through the rest of the month ( I have about $130 ) but I am facing many nights of uncertainty on where I will sleep. I called all the long term shelters again today and there is nothing, I even tried the Salvation Army and they are full. I don't want to return to a Boston shelter as the last time all my clothes were stolen. So since I can not afford to spent $30-35 at the hostel in the Back Bay, I either get one of the emergency beds in Cambridge at 9:30, or sleep Logan Airport. ( which of course plays Christmas music all night long over the PA).

Hanging at Starbucks in the Garage at Harvard Sq until 9:30 PM is really hard, and in the Garage are the others trying to get a bed at the shelter. It is VERY DEPRESSING.

I also need somehow to get a Massachusetts ID which I blogged about last week...I can't get anywhere without one.

I am really afraid I might crack which is why I am writing this. If nothing else, please say a prayer for me. 

If anyone wishes to help me out during the Holidays - PayPal is tied into my Bank of America account.



I moved to Blogspot a month ago as I was told that perhaps having ads from Google and Amazon would help out a little - Amazon has generated a whopping total of SIX CENTS - and Google about $12 but they won't pay until they owe me $100


Anyhow, thanks for reading and Happy Holidays!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment