Saturday, January 22, 2011

1/22 - It's getting cold out there

I was not lucky enought to get a bed last night at 9:30 which meant back to Logan Airport. Hopefully tonight I will be luckier.

Of course the fact that it is very cold in Boston tonight and they saying it will drop under 10 overnight would indicate that anybody who has a bed secured will not be taking a night out. The shelter in Harvard Sq at 9:30 PM gives out the beds to people calling in at 1 888 656 3414 and it is simply luck.

The worst part for me is the not knowing until 9:30 if I will be OK for the night. I can't even apply for a 14 day bed until late next week as I am on my 7 days out.

The system is just clogged right now with too many people and too few beds.

I am open to any options at this point.

Wish me luck for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment