Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Been a looooooooong week

Hi everyone

I haven't really had the chance to blog the past 10 days as I wound up being admitted as an inpatient at MetroWest Hospital in Natick. My left ankle became infected and I had to be put on IV for antibiotics. I was transferred from Mt Auburn in Cambridge to Natick because of bed availability and my phone and other personal property stayed in Cambridge until yesterday when they were shipped out by courier.

I will be discharged tomorrow and go right back to square one. I currently have less than ten dollars in my checking account and of course if I go below zero I will be hit by $35 overdraft fees again (which is how I got so fouled up in August).

I am quickly learning that being honest with the housing authorities is hurting me. I could have told Cambridge I was living at 240 Albany St which is the drunk shelter near MIT but since I am not a drunk I won't use that option. Instead I said my last address was in Brookline and so Cambridge does not consider me an emergency. Brookline has no quick options for suddenly homeless people.

I am also in need of legal advice to see what options I have with Cambridge concerning those unpaid parking tickets from 1989. I am just overwhelmed.

Thanks for reading

MetroWest Hospital Natick

MetroWest Hospital Natick

No comments:

Post a Comment