Sunday, August 8, 2010

Gee Thanks Bank Of America

Sunday morning and I am nursing a coffee at Starbucks and reading a Globe that somebody tossed.

I am down to less than 20 bucks for the month thanks to the insane overdraft fees that BoA hit me with.

So this morning they sent me this cheery email

You've already taken the first step to help stay in control of your money by linking your accounts with Overdraft Protection. But, starting on August 12, 2010, if you don't have enough money in your checking or Overdraft Protection account, your everyday debit card purchases or ATM transactions will be declined.

To help avoid being declined:

* Remember to keep a cushion in your linked account used for Overdraft Protection.

* Use balance management tools like Mobile Banking or Text Banking to check your available balance before you make a purchase. See all of the tools available to you and how they can help keep overdrafts under control.

Check with your wireless carrier as fees may apply. Mobile Banking available to Online Banking enrollees only. Must have Transfers and Bill Pay set up previously in Online Banking to use these functions in Mobile Banking.

This is a service email from Bank of America. Please note that you may receive service email in accordance with your Bank of America service agreements, whether or not you elect to receive promotional email.


As I said in my first blog posting, this bank nailed me for $455 in OD fees all because somebody bounced a check on me!!!!

They kept authorizing the card even though I had a negative balance and a 53 cent refill at Starbucks became $35.53. 12 of these charges plus another $35 for being overdrawn has wiped me out.

This Bank sends me emails when I get a direct deposit, my account goes under $100 but they couldn't tell me my deposit bounced????

I don't get another disability check until September 3rd???

You would think the bank could rebate some of the $455 given it was a third party deposit that caused this - but nooooooooo.

What else can happen????

No comments:

Post a Comment